Wednesday 2 July 2014

I don’t care about Golden Boot – Neymar da Silva


Neymar

Brazil star Neymar says he is not concerned about winning the Golden Boot at the World Cup and is only interested in winning the tournament, Goal reports.
The 22-year-old has been one of the stars of the tournament, scoring four goals in the three group stage games, meaning he sits just one behind current top scorer James Rodriguez.
But Neymar says he has no interest in taking the competition’s individual accolades.
“I don’t want to be the best player; I don’t want to be the top scorer,” he told Times of India. “All I want is to win the World Cup title.
“It’s what I always dreamed about. It doesn’t matter how it happens, I just want to win the title. All I want to do is play football and help my team-mates and my team. I hope the dream ends with us winning the title.
“Not only by scoring goals but also by doing everything possible to help Brazil win.”
The hosts came extremely close to exiting the tournament in the second round as they had to beat Chile on penalties.

No comments:

Post a Comment