Friday 27 June 2014

Kevin-Prince Boateng denies insulting Ghana coach, insists it was a joke

Kevin-Prince Boateng Ghana June2014Kevin-Prince Boateng has denied stories that he abused Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah and insisted it was a “joke”.
The duo of Boateng and Sulley Muntari were expelled from Ghana’s World Cup for indiscipline and suspended indefinitely, but the Schalke 04 midfielder has come out to defend himself from the allegations.
“Everything started with jokes that the Coach didn’t take well,” Boateng told German publication Sport Bild.
“He told us that nothing would happen, but sent us back to the changing rooms.
“At the end of training I asked him what he had against us and he started to insult me.
“I knew I was suspended and I accept it, but I want to clarify that I never insulted Appiah.”
The Black Stars have been eliminated from the tournament, after they were beaten 2-1 by Portugal, leaving them at the bottom of Group G.

No comments:

Post a Comment