Saturday 4 August 2012

A MINDSET THAT KILLS RELATIONSHIPS - DO YOU DO THIS!


Hey Readers,
 
I had a recent experience that
accidentally pointed out a powerful
truth about the way we operate
as people.
 
And understanding this truth makes
all the difference between whether
your relationships will improve and
change for the better or will continue
to stay the same and disappoint you.
 
Now, I re-discovered this truth while
I was moving recently.
 
And in case you've never moved
before, well... moving sucks!
 
The whole process is stressful and
always takes twice as long as you
think it will...
 
Something that struck me was how
hard it was to throw away old crap
when I was starting to move out.
After about 7 hours in, I was ready
to throw out anything if it meant I
could be done quicker.
 
In the same way, sometimes we can
hold on to old beliefs and old
mindsets that really don't serve us.
Some mindsets can even be very
destructive to your relationships.
 
Yet, we don't get rid of these old
mindsets because:
 
- The mindsets are what we're used to
- The mindsets served us at one time
- The mindset feels like it "protects" us
- The mindset makes us feel like we
"belong" to our circle of peers / friends
 
One of the absolute WORST, most
DEADLY mindsets for relationships
is a mindset of "men vs. women".
 
I've met men who resent women on
some level.  Maybe they felt cheated by
women, maybe they felt rejected by
women, maybe they had a few bad
experiences and became bitter from it.
 
But I can tell you this:  Guys who have
something against women FAIL in
relationships.
 
And the same is true for women.
 
One of the most common traits of
women who FAIL in relationships is
that they have something against men.
 
They might not necessarily hate men,
but when gender topics come up, it's
only a matter of seconds before they
start:  blaming men, attacking men,
insulting men, saying women are a
victim to men, condemning men, etc.
 
Now, I'm not talking about a woman
criticizing a specific person (although
blame in general is a relationship-
killer).
 
I'm talking about women blaming men
in general and condemning men as
being bad... or pigs... or assholes, etc.
 
People are people.  Some people are
great, caring and loving... and some are
not.
 
But if you have the attitude that men are
bad, you will bring about bad situations
with men (which ironically will further
confirm your belief and attitude.)
 
And the scariest thing is...  It's almost
"popular" for women to hate on men.
 
It's done in subtle and not-so-subtle
ways over the media.  It's done through
the news.
 
I know groups of girls who spend 50%
of the time talking about how much they
hate men... and the other 50% talking
about how much they want a relationship
but every relationship they have is a
disaster...
 
Men pick up on your attitude (just like
you would pick up on a man's attitude if
he hated women...)
 
I know it's tough... and believe me, ALL
of us have had bad dating experiences at
one time or another.
 
But I promised you - The more you can
appreciate men and have a positive view
of men, the better your relationships will be.



4 comments:

  1. I love ur articles... they are really inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Abidemi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed kristy...I guess I'm not shy anymore ;-)

    ReplyDelete